Saturday, July 11, 2009

About The Label



How did Pannikin come about?

I started the label in 2007 as a creative outlet where I could share my love of cute and quirky handmade accessories with friends and others. Since then, Pannikin has offered up an array of kitsch necklaces, button stud earrings, brooches, purses, bags and more. All items are created by myself in Brisbane, Australia and because of this, many items are one-offs or part of a very limited run.

I believe it is very important for people to support handmade and not buy their entire wardrobe from chainstores, where everything is mass produced and usually features poor quality materials, whereas hand-crafted items are made with love, care and attention to detail. Not only that, but do you really want to be the one to wear the same necklace or carry the same handbag as everyone else?

Where does the name come from?

Pannikin is the name of the street I grew up in as a little girl and as a consequence I have many fond memories of the place. You could find me playing in the garden wearing colourful dresses (usually handmade by my mum), hosting tea parties and picnics or drawing lots of animal pictures.

These memories are the basis of what my label is all about. I love vintage and vintage-inspired objects - whether they be buttons, lace, knick-knacks, dresses etc. Many of my pieces feature animals, vintage illustrations, moody clouds and teeth, owls, hand-drawn images and other sweet things.

Where can you find my work?

You can purchase my items from www.madeit.com.au/pannikin. Made It is a great website for those who want to buy Australian handmade items. Sporadically I will hold market stalls - stay tuned to find out when the next one will be, as some items are reduced in price for the day. Myspace folk can be my friend too! Just head on over to www.myspace.com/pannikin_accessories. If you would like to contact me, please send your emails to pannikin_accessories@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment