Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finders Keepers Wrap Up

Yes, it's long overdue, but here it is! My first Finders Keepers experience. Putting the final touches on my stall (the biggest I have ever had!) A big thanks goes to Tess for lending me her gorgeous floral tablecloths, and to Sue (Tom's mum) for giving me her brand-spanking new wooden dish rack for my postcard display.
Helper #1: Tom (my beloved!)
Carrier of heavy bags and boxes, director of taxi drivers and Sunday's super salesman.

Helper #2: Gina (my mum!)
Tidier of displays, a bringer of lunch and Saturday's super saleswoman.
I almost completely sold out of my plastic illustrated brooches on the first day of the markets!
At the moment I am trialling different ways to futher impove these brooches and come up with new designs, so you might not see them for some time. Hooray for cross-stitch! These are so much fun to make, and with a growing number of designs you can collect them! Designs so far include (but are not limited to): acorns, anchors, bunnies, coffee, cats, diamonds, hearts, moustaches, icecream, bows, alphabet, pears, spools of thread, pine trees...
In the lead up to Finders Keepers, I made 500 badges. Some were illustrated, some used my own photographs, some were made of origami paper and some were covered with fabric. Making badges is so satisfying for me. The instant gratification of pressing a few layers together to create a wearable object is rather magical. I think it's the kid within me.
By Sunday's end I completely sold out of my Vintage Valentine fridge magnets. I know Teneale from Wicked Child Designs snapped one up for herself!
Speaking of magnets, I have new designs to show you! These shadow magnets are quite sizeable, perfect for holding those hard-to-stick-down notices or even two smaller memos. I've illustrated five different silhouettes, which include a little girl, lamb, piglet, bunny and squirrel (my favourite!) These will be available in my Etsy and MadeIt stores very soon!
Did you know that I now have seven different tote bag designs? I almost can't believe it! So hands up if you like Mushrooms, Pigeons, Crafting, Dinosaurs, Silly Kids, Dala Horses, and Fancy Cats! My latest designs will be listed in my online stores this week, so keep your eyes peeled!

Gasp! What's this?! New products, yay!
My 'Word Up' Scrabble tile necklaces are an idea I have been sitting on for years, but have only just recently had the time and correct supplies to execute it. These necklaces are chunky, bold and fun. Each piece is coated in a clear, glossy resin and connected with a nickel-coloured chain and clasp. These particular necklaces are covered with varying fabrics on the reverse, however the next 'batch' will have something very different and slick. I can't wait to show you all!
As usual, I had my animal menagerie with me in the form of pendant necklaces galore! So many found new homes over the weekend, I hope you are all enjoying them!
There are now six postcard designs for you all to choose from and at $2 a pop they make great gifts and stocking stuffers. New designs include:

The Joy In Discovery
Owl Always Be Here For You
EnidWhat did you find at Finders Keepers?

I didn't have much time to leave my stall and wander around, but I think that's probably for the best, as the array of art, design and craft on offer would have sent me to heaven, and my wallet to the grave.

Some favourite stalls include:

Lauren Carney Art
Penelope and Pip
Frankie Magazine
Cat Rabbit
Delilah Devine
Paper Boat Press
Tree Party Design
REread Design
Miss Dish
Courtney Brims
Red Revival
Ra Ra Superstar
Leeloo

No comments:

Post a Comment