Monday, August 30, 2010

My Very First: Valley Laneway Markets!

Hello dear-lings, I do apologise for being out of the blog-loop lately. Things have been mighty hectic here at Pannikin headquarters a.k.a my house but I am back to share stories about the last two weeks of marketeering I have done at the Valley Laneway Markets!

Yes, this is me, in my silliest, pink-est nanna get-up yet! I love hats, especially berets. At last count I had 6 in various colours.

Sunday August 22nd saw me at my first-ever Valley Laneway Market (or for the purpose of faster reading and 'in-the-know-ness', will be shortened to VLM).
I didn't really know what to expect from these markets, but I was pretty chuffed with the day's results, which included meeting some super wonderful people and catching up with other thrifty/creatively-inclined stall holders and friends.
It was a steady day in California Lane (where my stall was situated) with a slow start to the morning. Things picked up around lunchtime when the live music kicked off and people came to dine at California Cafe, browse the markets and (I assume) shake off the remainder of their obligatory Sunday Morning Sleep-in.

In my opinion, there is nothing better than having the kind of passers by who come to have a little chit-chat with you. I was flying solo that Sunday, as my boyfriend Tom (who is always keen accompany me and lend a helping hand) needed to stay home, so as usual, every bit of conversation, no matter how small, was enjoyed very much.

This was also the market day where my Fun & Games fridge magnets and Spell It Out badges made their debut!

The ability to have a wall behind me was a huge help, as it provided the perfect backdrop for my screenprinted tote bags!
Sometimes the simplest things really make my day, whether it is the squeal of glee some people emit when they spy a really cute item or the chuckles shared between friends when they notice my 'Talk Crafty To Me' tote bag or the '99 Problems But A Stitch Ain't One' badges.

I have been drawing new badge designs during the week whenever I get the chance, and my latest brainstorming session saw me hand write enough illustration ideas to completely fill 3 A4 pages.

If you would like to see more photos from my first day at the Valley Laneway Markets, please head on over to my facebook fan page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment