Monday, September 20, 2010

Current stockist: Bleeding Heart Cafe


Did you know that Pannikin is stocked in Bleeding Heart Cafe?

It may be old news, as I have been part of their giftshop since it opened (about 5 months now, I believe?) but I still get a wee bit excited when I drop by. It's always changing but their coffee always remains one of the most delicious brews I have found on my travels so far.

I do suggest that you pop in for a visit, whether it be for a bite to eat (their truffles and salad wraps are drool-inducing!), a chat with the lovely staff, to have a gander at the art gallery or to treat yourself to something locally made in their gift shop, which is expanding!

Some of my favourite labels there so far include the following. Click their name to be taken to their online stores!

Liana Kabel:
Creator of the niftiest knitting needle bangles you ever did see. I have one in red and I have also own one of her kitty cat hair slides. Next on the wishlist: one of her fun tape measure brooches!

Your Organ Grinder:
A perfect blend of gore, science, felt and humour. While I have my eyes on her big anatomical heart plushie I have already taken home one of her eyeball hair clips. Special mention goes out to her witty 'Tape Worm', who lives in a cassette tape! Who would have thought Biology could be so fun?!
Note: I have just been informed that Your Organ Grinder will no longer be stocked at Bleeding Heart, but you can always visit her etsy store! Simply click the above link to head on over.

Wicked Child Designs:
How can you not fall in love with these softies?! Creator of the (what I now imagine to be famous) Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band dolls which were featured in none other than Frankie magazine has found a home in Bleeding Heart.

Up In Annies Room:
My gosh. Never before have I had to try so hard to keep my purse hidden when I run into these creations. Number one favourite item would have to be the typewriter key bracelet, but the lasercut wood brooches are to die for. If you like origami, hopscotch and bunnies you will LOVE this label.

Jetta's Nest:
I dare you to walk away from here without something in your little mitts! I'm the proud owner of one of her super-awesome mushroom brooches, but if that doesn't appeal you can buy apples and pears too, not to mention cards, dolls and bags!

A Beautiful Calamity:
If you like vintage imagery and cute-everything, you simply must have a peep at this extensive range of cards, postcards and fridge magnets. The only bad part is deciding which ones to take home, as they are all so very lovely.

Hungry Designs:
Colourful, wearable art pieces you simply can't live without! Inspired by rockabilly and vintage pin ups, Rollerderby, Mexican Day of the Dead, delicious cupcakes, bows and more you will surely fall in love with these accessories.

Lady Sveta:
Lovers of the macabre, Lady Sveta is your queen. Not just for the ghouls amongst us, Lady Sveta caters for those who love solid bright colours with generous lashings of black topped with lace, ribbon, mundane objects and iconic images, all melded together to create limited edition ranges of hats, fascinators, brooches, hair clips and so much more!

This list is just a very small selection of what you can find at Bleeding Heart's giftshop. To see more, why don't you pop in for a visit?

Bleeding Heart
Location: 166 Ann Street, Brisbane.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment