Saturday, September 25, 2010

Enoggera Terrace Bazaar!

I didn't mention it on this blog because it was all rather last minute, but Pannikin took part as a stall holder last night (third time running) at the Enoggera Terrace Bazaar put on by Cheap Frills, a group composed of three really awesome girls: Aimee, Jessica and Sarah McVeigh.
The night runs from 6pm - 9pm and is all about finding those stand-out vintage numbers you simply just have to have. The range of vintage and retro clothing and accessores never disappoint, as they have all been selected by seasoned opshoppers, thifters and garage-sailers from all over Australia (and sometimes from across the other side of the world!)
Now seeing as you have collected your booty of clothing, shoes and bags, why stop there? Handmade jewellery and accessory stalls provide you with that quirky, arty touch to add to your ensemble.
If you exhausted all your moolah on clothes but still have a few pretty pennies left over you could still pick yourself up a nice set of vintage-inspired postcards, magnets and bags from A Beautiful Calamity. My friend/housemate Tess runs this label and I was lucky enough to be able to share a stall with her on the night. (Very handy when you can take turns minding the stall while the other shops their little heart out!) Did you come along to the Bazaar? What did you find?
I picked up this hideous (read: marvellous) green/brown highwaisted pencil skirt which makes me think of my absolute favourite film, Ghost World. The only other item I bought was a gorgeous cream frock with red buttons, a small red diamond print and pleats galore. It was made in West Germany and makes me want to go eat burgers (the vegetarian kind!) and shakes (on soy milk - lest I get tummy aches!)

No comments:

Post a Comment