Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Suitcase Rummage in September!

Yesterday was the first Sunday of the month and that means the Suitcase Rummage was on!
There's something about these markets that makes it that teeny bit different to other markets. It's not crazy strict with rules, it's laidback in terms of stall set-up and the vibe is great! A huge thanks to Danielle and Isabel for starting these markets.
Even though the market technically starts at midday, shoppers started arriving as early as 11am/11:30 am! This is why I turn up super early so I can have as much time as possible to set up. Lucky I didn't have any bus hassles today!
As I didn't get to spend my prettie pennies at the BiDM the previous day, I was more than happy to pick up a few items that caught my eye. I finally found myself a nice pair of brand new black flat shoes at the Polly Gone stall to replace my other numerous pairs of black flats that have started to get a bit worn out.

I also bought a super sweet fabric goat brooch from Simmone at the Little Orchard stall and some sailor kitty iron on patches from Jimmy (which I will use to decorate a white dress which looks like a nurses uniform but is actually an old school uniform I picked up from an opshop). Another favourite purchase was a gorgeous cream coloured vintage hat from Rock City. It has black and navy netting and a cream bow; the seller told me it was originally her Great Great Grandmothers! I was awestruck!
I also scored my third pair of tortishell sunglasses and this incredibly kitsch framed cat cross-stitch from the lovely lasses behind Ahoy! Dear Sailor. Isn't is great?! When I move house I plan to completely deck out my hallway with these! (They also swapped me two other framed cross-stitcherys for an illustrated skull brooch - I TOLD you they were lovely!)

What did you find at the Suitcase Rummage? I'd love to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment